Jun 8, 2009

Penciled in : Week number one of project unite and conquer

If you’re keeping tabs on me, you’ll know that last week, I was in Washington, D.C. for my first ever book signing! I also spoke on two panels at the America’s Future Now conference.  The first panel was a great discussion about initiatives and the power they have to shape politics in states.  I love working on initiatives (and have some interesting stories about initiatives in my book), and we had a very robust and interesting hour.  The second panel discussed states’ use of the federal stimulus package.  I’ve been very concerned about how Arizona is choosing to use it’s stimulus funding, and am still worried that Governor Brewer won’t maximize our ability to get funds into Arizonans’ pockets by accepting all the funds available for unemployed workers. This was a fun panel with my dear friend Georgia State Senator Nan Grogan Orrock, Ned Lamont who ran for U.S. Senate in Connecticut in 2006, and Nathan Newman who serves as executive director of the Progressive States Network (Disclosure – I serve on his board).  It was a busy day - and my book got a shout out on ourfuture.org’s blog!  The book signing went really well – at the end of the day, the bookstore had sold a lot of books, and my hand was tired from all the signing!

No comments:

Post a Comment